The post holder will to work with customers on the counter and also assist the pharmacist in the dispensing of medication in their busy pharmacy.
Main duties include:
1. Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
2. Complete prescription receipt and collection
3. Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
4. Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialized products providing a highly personalised approach.
5. Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas.
6. Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages.
7. Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection.
8. Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts.
9. Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager.
10. Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
11. Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas.
12. Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales.
13. To utilise specialist product knowledge when required.
14. To maintain a clean and tidy working environment.
15. To complete compulsory training as required.
16. To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role.
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be working at the employer's address and will not need to attend college, except for initial assessments
||The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 18 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
* Please note that anyone under the age of 18 will only work a maximum of 40 hours per week. Any role which exceeds these hours on advert will be amended accordingly to fall in line with the legislation *
* Please note if the successful applicant is found prior to the closing date the vacancy maybe withdrawn early*
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. Depending on your training you will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments, enrolment and a few other rare occasions