This is an exciting opportunity for someone who aspires to work within the childcare industry. This role will be working with children aged 6 weeks-5 years and liaising with parents and other staff. This is a challenging yet rewarding role as for many of the children English is not a first language. You will gain a great understanding of all aspects of the running of the nursery.
Duties within the role include:
- Greeting parents and children from different ethnic and social backgrounds
- Helping out with activities with the children
- Personal Care of the children
- Setting up activities and clearing them away
- Ensuring that the nursery is kept clean and tidy
- helping out at meal times
- Dealing with parent enquiries and updates
- Ensuring any relevant paperwork is completed
- Contributing to planning & development
- Changing nappies and feeding
- Helping out with sleep times
- Attend and complete training set by the employer
- Other general duties as and when required
This apprenticeship is work based therefore most of the time you will be working at the employer's address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham for initial assessments and on a few other rare occasions.
You will be required to work at the following sites:
Greenfields at Clifton Children's Centre. Greencroft. Nottingham.
Greenfields at Bilborough Children's Centre. Wigman Road. Nottingham.
Greenfields at Meadows Children's Centre. Kirkby Gardens. Nottingham.
Greenfields Children's Centre. 139 Russell Road. Forest Fields. Nottingham.