This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to begin a career in education. Working primarily with children aged 4-11 the roles and responsibilities will include:
- Helping set up and arranging activities
- Helping set up the classroom
- Helping the children in the classroom to learn
- Help with lesson planning/preparing/resourcing
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Build relationship with other teachers, staff and parents
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher
- Assist with the planning of learning activities for individuals or groups
- Monitor pupils' responses to learning activities and accurately record achievements/progress as directed
- Assisting with displays and the classroom environment
- Direct and support individuals and groups in their learning
*This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore you will be based at the employers address most of the time. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments and one day per month for day release.